Exhibition: F L O W
PV: Thu 05 July 2018. OPEN: 6/7/8 July
- ARTIST: Caroline Mackenzie
- PV: Thu 05 July 2018 | 6-9PM
- OPEN: FRI 6 – SUN 8 JULY | 12-6PM
- PRESS RELEASE: In psychology, flow, is known colloquially as being in ‘the zone’. It is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energised focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. In essence, flow is characterised by complete absorption in what one does, resulting in loosing a sense of space and time. // Using this immersive narrative, Mackenzie creates a futuristic theatre-type set which includes the medium of film and performative sculpture to transport her audience away from reality and into a world of playful illusion. // As well as the conceptual theme, flow also complements the physical objects around the space which all relate to air pressure and gravitational pulls.
- TALK: Ted Sandling: Wednesday 12th September. 6-7PM. Join Ted (art historian and author of ‘London in Fragments: A Mudlark’s Treasures) for an illustrated talk explaining the nuggets of history and human experience that draw him time and again to the Thames foreshore.
- WHERE: Art Hub Gallery, 5-9 Creekside, Deptford, SE8 4SA
- SOCIALS: @ArtHubLondon
- COST: All events are free